This page was created to answer all of your questions regarding what happens if a camp is cancelled or postponed due to the Covid-19 pandemic. Please read this page before contacting us with questions.
General Statement Regarding 2020 Camps – Please Read
We are asking our players to be as patient as possible regarding our upcoming camps. This situation is ever-evolving. At this point it is not clear which camps we will be able to hold, and if we can, what the protocols will be. So unless you have a pressing reason for needing to make a decision now, we would ask that you please be patient with us. We are currently dealing with the players from those camps that we have already cancelled and/or rescheduled. We are trying to be as efficient as possible to keep the work to a minimum, and part of that is dealing with everyone from a particular camp as we get closer and know more. We have hundreds of players registered for our various camps this year, and we will need to deal with each of them.
To explain further, when we cancel a camp, we offer the players several options. One option is a refund, but we also offer them the opportunity to roll their registration into the following year’s event at the Early Bird ($100 Off rate). Also, some camps get rescheduled for later in the year, and players choose to attend at the later date. Or they might choose to attend a different location.
Further, even if we do hold the camp, we understand that some people will not be comfortable attending, so we will be more flexible. We certainly don’t want anybody to attend if they are not comfortable doing so.
In summary, if you don’t have to make a decision now, please wait until your camp gets closer. We will keep you updated with the camp status and the available options. In the meantime, rest assured, you won’t lose your money or be forced to make a choice between coming to camp vs. risking your health.
Is my camp location being cancelled or postponed?
- We have created a Covid-19 Information page with the most up to date information. Further, all players registered for a given location will receive notifications via email of the camp status.
What if my camp is postponed?
- We will be working with our host rinks to determine if we can reschedule for later in the season. This information will be communicated to all registrants of that camp location, and on our camp information page for that particular location.
- Once we determine our new date, we will send out an email, and ask each player whether they can make the new date:
- If you can make that date, just reply yes to the email, and your registration information will be maintained for the new date.
- If you cannot make the date, reply no to the email. Your registration will be cancelled, and any amount you paid for the camp will remain as a credit toward any future camp date. The credit never expires.
- You are welcome to transfer to any other 2020 location, on a space available basis
What if my camp is cancelled?
- In some cases, we may not be able to re-schedule a camp location during the 2020 season. If this is the case, the camp will be cancelled, and players will be given the option of:
- Transferring to a different location during the 2020 season
- Being enrolled in the 2021 camp at the same location (or any other 2021 location) at the Early Bird Discounted Rate.
- Maintain the amount paid toward the cancelled camp as a credit toward any future camp date. The credit never expires.
- Receiving a Refund
What if the camp is going to be going on as scheduled, but I have government imposed restrictions or my own personal concerns that prevent me from attending?
- We are aware of travel restrictions that are in place, and also understand that even once lifted, that some people are going to be less comfortable than others about traveling or participating in a group activity for a while. We certainly don’t want to make anyone uncomfortable. So if either of these are applicable to your situation, you can cancel your camp, and all of the fees paid will be maintained as a credit toward any future camp. Please note, such cancellation must be made no later than 15 days prior to camp (unless decision on whether to hold camp is less than 15 days prior to camp).
We greatly appreciate your understanding during this difficult time. Be smart, be safe and we look forward to seeing you at camp very soon!